95 XP Connecting Rod End Play-Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjwentzel

Hello,

I need some help. My 95 XP must have broken the oil cable last year. The Top end is damaged by way of the rear piston side walls breaking away. The motor ran on the hose when this happened for less than 2 minutes. The piston debris was in the crank case causing the crank not to turn. I have cleaned out the crank case, now rotating fine, and the engine will need a new rotary valve as it tried to eat chunks of piston. So to you guys with this experience. Is the Crank shaft, connecting rods, bearings, etc more than likely damaged and the bottom end is junk? Or after cleaning the trash out, replacing the rotary valve and complete top it is more than likely the bottom end of engine is OK. Lastly, the connecting rods do NOT have vertical play but they do have some slight lateral play. Is this normal? What else do I need to look for on the Bottom End to determine its health?

I probably wouldn't try to save it. It would be hart breaking to spend the money to rebuild the top end, and have the crank blow apart.

Do a full rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back