RESTO 95 XP 800 resto/mod

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1of500

Man I should have paid better attn. when I picked this thing up!
32.jpg

33.jpg

Someone decided that it needs more drain holes

34.jpg

Never seen anyone use this on an exhaust before
35.jpg

To bad these nice oem pistons are rusted to the rods they looked new

Last edited by a moderator:
I was editing it does have the original 95 motor in it and if someone would have got the water out of it, I have no doubt it would still have perfect compression. I think it was sunk. I'm still going to put it back together though!

I'd carefully remove the pistons especially if the bores are clean. Just hone and re-ring and a rebuilt crank and CB shaft.

For your drains you need these Duck bills

1.jpeg

I have also scored a brand new oem crank for less than 200 bucks it doesn't have the end bearings or the counter balance gear though. Thanks [MENTION=60330]AdamA96XP[/MENTION] for the heads up on that. Also bought a R&D intake, and rosier pipe.

It will have to be bored there is some pitting at the bottom of the jugs but they have never been bored. There is so much rust on the pins in the pistons they probably won't be able to be saved.

Got a link for the duck bill I was thinking I may be able to squeeze some oem drains in the holes they would have to be like the ones that go in sideways the newer styel has a larger diameter I already tried one I have from my rxx.

I have also scored a brand new oem crank for less than 200 bucks it doesn't have the end bearings or the counter balance gear though. Thanks [MENTION=60330]AdamA96XP[/MENTION] for the heads up on that. Also bought a R&D intake, and rosier pipe.

Congrats on the crank, I just bought a quad for my daughter today and would have been tapped to get both so it was one or the other. Years of smiles won out for the quad. My bro in law was gonna spot me on the crank but I just didn't have a need for it yet. I mean, I do, but it's down the road. If you bail on it, I'll give you what you paid plus shipping to me. That was a good deal and probably a once in a lifetime deal. Plenty of OEM bearings on Ebay for it--don't cheap out.

Got a link for the duck bill I was thinking I may be able to squeeze some oem drains in the holes they would have to be like the ones that go in sideways the newer styel has a larger diameter I already tried one I have from my rxx.

Just google for PWC duck bill plenty of links out there. Braley will know a good souce.

Congrats on the crank, I just bought a quad for my daughter today and would have been tapped to get both so it was one or the other. Years of smiles won out for the quad. My bro in law was gonna spot me on the crank but I just didn't have a need for it yet. I mean, I do, but it's down the road. If you bail on it, I'll give you what you paid plus shipping to me. That was a good deal and probably a once in a lifetime deal. Plenty of OEM bearings on Ebay for it--don't cheap out.

If something changes you will be the first one in line I know you will put it to good use. Now I'm looking for a oem counterbalance and not having much luck finding even a used one I still haven't separated the cases but by the looks of how much water and mud are in there I doubt the counter balance was spared.

Here's OEM first over piston set--PAIR. I paid $167.98 for a pair of OEM first overs just like these. I'd offer $150 and see what he returns at. After market are about $90 to $95 a piece, I'd rather OEM for the same or less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-1997-1..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item20e70ca55d&vxp=mtr

OEM Wrist pin bearings $14 a pop sold as a pair for $28

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-2002-S..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item20d621617f&vxp=mtr

OEM Wrist pins-- I bought 2 from this cat for $37 shipped. He has a bunch, offer $30 for a pair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-SEA..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item2c64ff3570&vxp=mtr

Just buy a super clean 96+ counterbalance shaft and swap the gear over. Evapo-Rust the gear and it will look mint. CHeck the first page of my 96 Clapped thread for the evapo-rust.

I already offered 175 for the Pistons just found them before you posted lol. bought the bearings offered on the pins

I already offered 175 for the Pistons just found them before you posted lol. bought the bearings offered on the pins

That's still not bad, still cheaper than an SBT piston. Cool, your well on track to build a OEM 787 for around $800ish hopefully. Gotta stick to a TIGHT budget.

I'll work on new OEM rave valves and housings.I have about $144 into housings and valves all new OEM stuff.

Last OEM gasket set I bought was $60 shipped.

I'll keep an eye out for you, it's a game for me.

The raves were PERFECT. Oem with just a little carbon on them this motor was done right. Until it in-jested the water it has been set up for pre-mix the right way and even had tags for the amount of oil and a tag for the oil for the rotary valve bath. I think someone who knew ski's had it at one time, and sold it off to some jackass that hacked on it and messed it up.

Engine internals
39.jpg

Cases
40.jpg
41.jpg

Couldn't save the pistons had to cut rods with an angle grinder
42.jpg
43.jpg

Counter balance way better than expected
44.jpg

Inside of the magneto cover
45.jpg

And this is why if you get water inside of an engine you get it back out!

well when you use a Salem Light Menthol cancer stick as a magneto vent tube, this is what happens, you get a little rust... lol

Yeah, rebuild that CB with new bearings and seals and you're good to go. Amazing how that got spared like it did cause that engine had some liquid in there.

I may have to source having that and the crank assembled. With the tolerances being so small I would hate to screw it up.

You were the guy for that crank. I was hoping no one would bid on it so I could low ball him. Luckily I can see you have a 95 motor for sure, the gear on the CB tells me that. Which also means you have a fine threaded PTO which is the only PTO that will fit that new crank.

A guy with a 96 would have had that crank all put together then find out he has to spend $125 on a PTO.

Does the case ID badge tell you its a 787 or a 787x motor?

You have a great base for a resto here, I'm glad you got it and stoked you picked up the OEM crank. You will have this back to its former glory in no time! Get with racerxxx on decals, I believe he is working with mike on some "OEM" graphics

Nice job tearing it down. Those drains are a normal race mod. they work great for getting any water out of the hull when you gas it but they will sink the boat if you leave it floating and one rubs on a break wall or dock post. Look up Veriplugs as they are a good alternative but a leaf or zip tie end that was snipped and not found can sink the ship.

I have many of these parts new and used btw feel free to hit me up anytime. I'm that guy who got into a OEM crank a couple months ago only to find out when it arrived that I now needed a pto and cb to match.

Otherwise I will wait till you get it put together and we can talk about making those AM parts work well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back