RESTO 95 xp 720

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsus67

Hello to all the members,
I’m new to the Sea-Doo scene. So I’m here to get help from all the experts here
So here is my story. Just picked up a 1995 Sea-Doo XP for $150. Currently it’s not running
Here is what the boat equipped with.
717 motor. Currently the PTO piston is out and have broken top edges. The mag piston is ok but scored badly. The cylinders are scored but can be bored out.
The engine is equipped with r&d head, factory pipe exhaust, the carburetor have a dual primer kit built into it. So no choke plate. From reading on the forum. I don’t know if it’s a 38 or 40 mm. I have no tools to measure the bore. To identify it.
I took the engine apart and upon looking at he engine case where the rotary valve is. I discovered there is a gouge on the upper and lower part of the cases. It look like there was a kink or a bend on the half round metal that rest on the rotary part of the case. So I guess this will be no longer useable. The crankshaft spins freely
I put some simple green inside the case to clean whatever is inside it. I turned the case upside down and cleaned whatever are inside it
I found some metal from the pistons. After the extensive cleaning I sprayed the inside of the case with Sea-Doo fogging oil.
The starter is clean and good it kick out after bench testing it.
So the outside of hull is in ok shape. But the inside needs deep cleaning. So the electronic box was apart. But upon inspecting everything seems there. But not sure what is the working conditions of the components. it’s also equipped with aftermarket sponsons, UMI steering and handle bar with a aluminum vts housing. Also has a UMI finger throttle.
The fuel lines are all black not grey
So it looks like it will need a new fuel valve or selector. The oil tank are empty and fuel tank needs to be emptied and clean.
So this will be my winter project
Please advise will be greatly appreciated
I will post pics after I get it all figured out how

Hello to all the members,
I’m new to the Sea-Doo scene. So I’m here to get help from all the experts here
So here is my story. Just picked up a 1995 Sea-Doo XP for $150. Currently it’s not running
Here is what the boat equipped with.
717 motor. Currently the PTO piston is out and have broken top edges. The mag piston is ok but scored badly. The cylinders are scored but can be bored out.
The engine is equipped with r&d head, factory pipe exhaust, the carburetor have a dual primer kit built into it. So no choke plate. From reading on the forum. I don’t know if it’s a 38 or 40 mm. I have no tools to measure the bore. To identify it.
I took the engine apart and upon looking at he engine case where the rotary valve is. I discovered there is a gouge on the upper and lower part of the cases. It look like there was a kink or a bend on the half round metal that rest on the rotary part of the case. So I guess this will be no longer useable. The crankshaft spins freely
I put some simple green inside the case to clean whatever is inside it. I turned the case upside down and cleaned whatever are inside it
I found some metal from the pistons. After the extensive cleaning I sprayed the inside of the case with Sea-Doo fogging oil.
The starter is clean and good it kick out after bench testing it.
So the outside of hull is in ok shape. But the inside needs deep cleaning. So the electronic box was apart. But upon inspecting everything seems there. But not sure what is the working conditions of the components. it’s also equipped with aftermarket sponsons, UMI steering and handle bar with a aluminum vts housing. Also has a UMI finger throttle.
The fuel lines are all black not grey
So it looks like it will need a new fuel valve or selector. The oil tank are empty and fuel tank needs to be emptied and clean.
So this will be my winter project
Please advise will be greatly appreciated
I will post pics after I get it all figured out how

15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg

Great ski! That one is certainly worth saving. Looks like it ate something and self destructed from there.

Hey Matt the r&d head? looking at the chamber, Can that be milled and be saved?
It looks really bad pitted,scarred, and deeply gouged

That pipe makes plenty of power by itself. I would not raise the compression in addition to that unless you have access to race fuel. That head will clean up but I'd be looking for a nice stock one.

They put a hole in the front of the ski and out the gas cap there. And they routed the fuel tank hose to the front. I don’t think this tank is for this ski.

That is the fuel tank out of a 3 seater to get more capacity.

You will need another set of cases and a new crank for sure.

Oh that’s is brilliant. The only downfall is there are no room for the storage bin, tools and fire extinguishers

The storage bin on this XP is missing and the vent tube for the backside that is under the seat. I might check out eBay

Hit up Minnetonka4me here. He is everyone’s go to parts guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up all this item for a mere $650
Brand new sbt engine warranty until 2/18
West coast head
96 XP E BOX
miscellaneous parts impeller, wear ring, carrier seal, nozzle, motor mounts etc
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg

If you're gonna run that pipe you're going to want to leave a stock head on that engine. Matt has made that comment more than once here on the forum. That pipe adds a tremendous amount of power to the 720. LISTEN to Matt about tuning this engine with that Factory pipe or.....you'll be right back to where you are now.

I yeah I am listening to him racer. The only reason I was asking him about the west coast head is because I know nothing about it. It just came with the package deal from the items I posted.
I figure. I can sell it and I just want to get info for before I sell it

Nice pickup on the parts. Fair warning, you cant use the aftermarket head and have a warranty on the engine.. you take a single bolt off of the engine, warranty is void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back