95 XP 720 Carburator Tune-up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Sean

Hi,
I pulled the motor out of my 95 XP (720) today. I'm changing a piston. What should I do to my carbs while the motor is out? Is there a gasket kit or something worth taking care out right while I have access to the motor?
Thanks again for all the helpful advice.
Matt:confused:

If the ski is currently running (or was, before the meltdown)... 9 times out of 10... you don't need a "Kit". You just need to take them apart and give them a good cleaning.

The above advice is good... with counting the needle turns... but unless you owned the sin since new... you don't know what the last person did... so it's best to set the needles to factory spec. Seadoo's settings are almost always spot-on.

We also recommend checking the RV spec, replace the two small oil lines to RV cover spigots, and flow testing the oil pump. (see manual). Pressure test/leak down the carbs before installing on intake, and sync the butterfly's. Paint the carbs and grease everything, cables ect. Clean all magnito components, use new cover seal.
Put a new RV seal on. Put a new Oil Filter to the oil pump. Wire out & clean all exhaust coolant line nipples. Use an engine alignment tool.
Use BRP mineral Oil. Go thru the Jetpump.

Bills86e

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back