95 Speedster - Both engines shut off as soon as on plane

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhee87

Hi all,
Having an issue with my 95 speedster...port engine replaced about a month ago. Still in break-in period. Have run about a tank of gas through it at this point, and all's been working great.

Yesterday, went out and as soon as I was clear of the no wake, I throttled up to about 4k rpm and just about as I got up on plane, both engines quit. I though maybe I'd pulled the kill cord by accident. Both started right back up, and again, as soon as I got up on plane, both quit again. It did this three more times as I messed around a little with it.

Runs continuously at idle speed, and up to about 2500 rpm, but at about 4k rpm, both engines quit.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
DW

Sounds like a fuel issue although I could be wrong, do both engines do this if only using one engine at a time?

Andy

Did not try individual engines. I had about 2/3 tank of fresh no-ethanol fuel. Topped the tank off on way to lake with 7 gals of premium 92 octane, and a shot of fuel treatment. Per the suggestion of the mechanic who replaced the engine, I added about 4 oz of PWC 2-cycle to the tank before filling to assist with lube during the break-in on the new engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back