95 Seadoo XP dies after 10 minutes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Swanson

I have a 95 Seadoo XP that starts and runs for about 10 minutes, then dies out in the middle of the lake. It has new fuel lines, carbs have been rebuilt, new rectifier and starter, starter relay, and stator. Could my MPEM be causing this problem?

Another member was having a similar problem and one suggestion was to open the fuel cap to confirm it isn't a fuel starvation issue. A vacuum being pulled on the fuel tank. Were carbs rebuilt with real Mikuni brand parts? Not aftermarket knockoff...

The aftermarket kits may be your issue. I bought an aftermarket kit and before i installed it bought a real Mikuni kit. There really are differences in the gaskets between the two. Its been documented that aftermarket kits can and do cause issues. Not sure if this is your issue but it could start there. Do a little digging on the forum and see if you can find the threads that apply to these aftermarket kits.

You can get the "Back to Stock" carb kits from OSD seadoo parts that will include everything you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back