95 Seadoo XP 720 - Engine Noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domiracer

New to PWC's and have just aquired a couple that have been in hiberation for 6 years. Have been rebuilding two stroke engines for many years but these have managed to teach this old dog a few new tricks. Ok, so the one remaining iissue with the 95 XP is shown in the attched video, not sure how to upload videos very well so packaged to a ZIP file and uploaded that way, please advise the best way so I know in future, thanks. Anyways, engine has 145psi on both pots, no discernible radial or axial play on the crankshaft, the noise seems louder at the top end of the motor and towards the exhaust although that could be the accoustical properties of the exhaust playing tricks. I cannot "feel" the noise thru the crankshaft which I find quite odd altough the flywheel does have significant mass and may be masking the feel. Sure sounds like something is loose in there. The engine will turn over and start but do not want to do that again till I know what this noise is. Have some ideas and ready to tear into her but wanted to ask some experiece for input.

Cheers

View attachment 21769

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back