95 seadoo XP 5 amp fuse blowing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenttyy74

here is the story.

i was out jetsking on my 95 seadoo XP, got it up to full speed, when about 2 minutes in, it just stopped like someone pulled the key. no electronics, no starter motor, no gauges, nothing.
got it home. 5 amp fuze was blown( neither of the 2 15s are blowing).
then i noticed that the ground wire had come disconnected from the block. (promptly connected it)
it continued to blow 5 amp fuses the moment you touched the power to the battery.
i still have no gauges, no electronics.

heres what i know.( ive read every forum on this and i still am unsure)

the engine was running fine, now nothing electrical works.
possibility of the mpem being fried due to unstable grounding???
also! if i disconnect the harness to the stator, the popping stops.
it is not the vts motor, (already tried that)
also all the other harnesses are fine, the 5 amp olny pops when the stator harness is connected.( ??is this because that harness has the ground for the electrical box??)
the last thing. i also tested the mpem by disconnecting everything and attaching it dirrectly to the battery, ( red cdi wire to + and black cdi wire to -) and it still pops fuses.

i have done all the testing i have read about.

does this sound like a mpem thing or the stator?? ( im praying it is the mpem, as i would hate to fix the stator.)

if it is a mpem thing, can you fix it?

MPEM are non repairable units. sounds like its fried but before installing new one, check stator and pick up coil to make sure they dont blow new MPEM.. you can check them at the main engine plug....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back