95 Seadoo SP Oil Pump leak/rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganRider

I removed the motor on my 95 Sp (587) to find an oil leak in the hull. After cleaning the motor, it looks like the leak is coming from the oil injection pump. Looking to get a rebuild kit and o rings (parts 1,6, and 41 in pic) and was wondering if anyone has any experience rebuilding them. I included a pic where it was leaking from on the motor. Thankscover.jpgparts.jpgpump.jpg

Is #6 cut on your cover...it looks like it. If so was there oil leaking past it? I have personally never rebuilt an oil pump and never knew you could get a rebuild kit. The rest of the work is straight forward. I'll assume you check the lines coming from the oil tank as the grommets can harden and shrink allowing oil to pass by, follow the underside of the tube and drip right around where you're imvestigating. The other thing it could be is that the oil supply line to the rotary valve cavity has been knicked by the hose clamp, which I have personally done. Has the engine ever been out of the ski?

#6 is not cut, however, I do believe it is the source of my leak. Its pretty flat and feels rigid. I have the motor out currently and with no oil lines hooked up, oil leaked at the spot with the arrow (in the pic). The lines and grommets were checked prior to pulling the motor. They were in good shape with no leaks. I also suspect a seal in the injection jump (in pic). I'm probably going to replace this seal and all the other o-rings/seals. I can't find any procedures about replacing the injection pump seals online or in the manual. I believe this is the first time the motor has been removed.
seal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A few psi of air can often help locate leaks, FWIW If I could replace the oil pump seals I'd consider it for sure, why not?.

Perhaps you need item #41 ????

290995045 GASKET SET

Well you kinda can see what you get in the gasket kit, not much, crush washers, oil lines, line clamps and the end seals

You can pick up a good used pump from Minnteonka4me on here or look on ebay. These pumps are really solid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEA-DOO-BOM...ash=item19f847882f:g:rzgAAOSwaNBUgbwq&vxp=mtr

166.jpg

From the parts catalog it looks like that the shaft lip seal should be included in kit 420995046, which replaces 290995045 . I have a 420995046 kit ordered, so I'll see whats in it. I'll probably go with a used one if all else fails. They don't look too expensive.

Hooking up some air pressure is a good idea. I'll probably do that before I put the motor back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back