95 hx cracked gas tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brprxt215

Anyone know if these had gas tank recalls? I know some older models did. Any idea how hard it is to pull the tank on a HX?

According to this recall, yes, it is eligible.
FUEL TANK

For a complete list of Bombardier recalls

Recalls

Removing the tank is nothing too terrible, pull the engine and go from there.

Hey Dan thank you! But what do the case closed dates and campaign closed dates mean? I recognize your name from the Facebook groups haha

Don't not worry about case closed dates, just call your dealer with HIN # on hull. They will order in parts and call you when they are in to setup appointment. Repairs will be free as it is a safety concern. You could ask if there are any other bulletins/recalls applicable while on the phone.

They can’t get the tank as it’s a discontinued part so the dealer can’t even fix it since there is no new part they can’t gurantee their work

I would call season corporate as if it is still a safety recall and yours was never done they are required by law to fix it as far as I know.

I would call season corporate as if it is still a safety recall and yours was never done they are required by law to fix it as far as I know.
I called corporate office. He told me to find my own brand new tank off eBay or amazon hahaha. No help at all. I tried explaining its a safety recall and he said dealer has to deal with that

So I just did some searching. I found a place that has one new oem gas tank. Do I order it and call the dealer and tell them I have a new gas tank and they can reimburse me or do I just give them the source and have them order it?

If corporate won’t help the dealer probably won’t either.

Unfortunately your probably on your own.

I have a 95 xp and called BRP in Canada they said as long as it has not been done on mine that they would do it they ran my hin number and it had not been done ut is a safety issue and has no expiration date the tank was still available from BRP because or the recall I had min done last month here in Ohio

So I just did some searching. I found a place that has one new oem gas tank. Do I order it and call the dealer and tell them I have a new gas tank and they can reimburse me or do I just give them the source and have them order it?

Get the dealer to buy it from them. They will not reimburse you if you buy it.

Chester

I have a 95 xp and called BRP in Canada they said as long as it has not been done on mine that they would do it they ran my hin number and it had not been done ut is a safety issue and has no expiration date the tank was still available from BRP because or the recall I had min done last month here in Ohio

HX I quite a bit more limited on part availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back