95 GTX starter issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG ED 6144

When I push the start/stop button it Clunks and if I move my finger on the button I can get it to turn over.Also need to pull pump to replace rear carrier bearing and install a new thru the hull fitting do I remove the entire pump off the hull or just the rear section.ANY other tips on removal would be helpfull. THANKS ED:

The starter button might be worn out.

But a more likely problem would be with the battery cable terminals needing to be cleaned and retightened. The tips of the cables and the terminals get corroded over time and will impede current from the battery to the starter.

Check the cable connections to the engine/starter and on the battery side.

And don't forget the easy stuff like charging the battery and making sure the terminal screws are tight.

Concerning the bearing change, yes plan on pulling the pump. It is not that difficult. 4 bolts hold the assembly to the hull (after you remove the steering linkage and nozzle).

Thanks for the info I think it may be the button,also wasnt sure if I needed to seperate the pump or take it off the hull as one piece.I bought this sea doo for parts but its in such good shape I couldnt bring myself to part out so in goes a little money and time.THANKS AGAIN BIG ED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back