95 GTX high end issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RNYachtClub

Ok so here's the problem. my 95 GTX will get to about 40mph and just shut down. it doesn't matter how i get there either i can slowly climb up to speed or hammer the throttle right out of the whole. as soon as i get there it just quits. at first i thought maybe it was a fuel/air issue so i rebuilt the carbs and replaced the fuel lines. this did nothing except make me realize they really needed to be cleaned. i can get to 40mph a lot faster now but then it bogs down again. if i let go of the throttle when it bogs down it will continue to run.

Any help would be appreciated thanks for pondering with me.

did you replace the fuel selector when you did the fuel lines? they can go bad and allow air to suck into the lines.

it doesn't seem to be air in the fuel line just from the way it is running. i have no problems with idle up thru 3/4 throttle. with it being at a specific speed that im hitting im wondering if it is electrical. i have read some posts about the rectifier possibly causing it but i wanted to get a few other opinions. this problem is also what prompted me to change the fuel lines and rebuild the carbs. with how dirty the filters were in the carbs im surprised it was able to get even close to 40mph. i also put in an inline filter.

Probly the RV cover is worn, out of spec, it sucks manifold pressure from adjacent cylinder.makes tuning tough also. Do you get a high air push out from the cap when rideing? bad expell breath vent valve that exits under the rub rail. Ride with the seat off,it problem goes away, you have an exhaust leak, into the engine compartment. The oil filter could be "jellied" as well as the oil tank bottom. This happens when different oils get mixed in. Only use BRP mineral oil in your engine. Your crank seals will seal better when sitting. Add a shut-off ball valve in the rv large oil line to lower case cavity. When it sits, it won't leak, oil hydro-lock. Read 04-04-01 of your shop manual. Like strizzo said, may also be a bad square o-ring in the separator filter, or thats cross threaded, leaking air into your gas supply line.

Bills86e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back