94 Yamaha waveraider 700 won't rev past 3k

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

calvincamejo

I just purchased a 94 waveraider 700. I brought it home and it wouldn't start or even turn over just clicked. I was able to free up the motor I cleaned both carbs and put fresh fuel. It fired rite up. I finally got it to idle perfect at 2500 on the trailer and 1500 in the water. Now when it's on the trailer it revs to 7k. Sometimes it hold it for a second or two after releasing the throttle. But once it's in the water it won't pass 3k even with throttle completely open. It idles fine and is ok with partial throttle until 3k rpm but anything more than that and it doesn't do anything just feels like it's being limited. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
172.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

You know this is a Seadoo site, right? LOL

Have you checked for a dedicated Yamaha site. I would think you would get better support there.

That said, we do have an "Other PWC" forum. You are presently in the 2-stroke Seadoo Forum.

Officially I should move this to the OTHER forum, but I'll let it ride a bit to see if someone can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry that's my mistake I didn't see the "other pwc" forum. I'll take it down if it's an issue

Well.......

If the engine was locked up... and you had to "Free" it... then I'm going to assume that it's dead. (rings are rotten) When there's no load... it will rev up. Once in the water, and it's asked to work... it doesn't have the compression, to produce the torque needed.

So... start with a compression check, and we will go from there. On the 700, short deck Yamaha... I would expect 135~140 PSI.

It was 155 when I checked this morning

Did you oil up the rings or something??? That's high for a Yamaha engine.

FYI... I'm moving this since it's not SeaDoo... but I'll leave a "re-director" tag for a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back