94 XP wont stay running, Please Help before the wife leaves me!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mixableinc

Im new to this site, have posted my problem on others with no actual help.

I have a 94 SeeDoo XP. It ran great until my wife took it out with a friend one evening. She couldnt get it started, which I dont think has anything to do with it bc she can never get it started. so I started it up for her as usual. They went around the lake about 4-5 times and came back in, on the way in it died about 100 ft from shore and they had to float back in. I tried to start it but it wouldnt start back up. I check for gas and didnt see anything moving around but the gauge still said 1/2 tank. So I just pushed it up onto the trailer and thought nothing more of it. Went to go back out filled it with gas, only took 3.4 gals, checked the tank, was full, gauge said full. So now my problem is I can get it to start but it wont stay running unless I hold the green start button, then she runs like a champ.

The motor has been rebuilt, fuel line have been replaced, battery is charged, all connections are good, spark plugs are fine and have spark. Any help would be greatly appericated!

Take the fuel selector valve apart and clean it. Or replace it, they run 30 bucks. they get gunked up just like the fuel lines.

i actually just had to take it apart and replace it bc the selector knob broke off the only way to replace it was to replace the entire thing, ill take it out and clean it though.

If you already have replaced it, i doubt it got clogged that quick. Just for the heck of it, try new spark plugs. 2 strokes tend to foul them pretty easy and a lot of running problems are due to a cheap fix. if that doesnt work, follow the other thread i posted.

attempting to fix the ski has been halted by random down pours... when it stops ill try to fix and report back.

ok, so i checked the plugs and wires again, cleaned the fuel selector valve (didnt have anythign in it other then some fuel)... Tried to fire it back up and still the same thing. It will start but wont stay running. As long as I hold the green button then it will stay running, as soon as I let go it shuts off. I do now remember that when I originally looked for fuel the wire going between the spark plugs had come off and was hanging there and thats what I thought originally causes it to stop. however plugging it back in still did nothing.

Any other ideas? and what does that wire go to? what is it for? I traced it back to the handle bars but it started to rain again before I could take em off to find out exactly what.

The wire between the plugs is for your temp sensor. The motor will run whether it's hooked up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back