94 sea doo spi power loss

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

firstin19

so this is my first jet ski and dont know much about them, i took it out on the lake ran great for about 10-20 min. now it will want to take off as soon as you hit the gas then just stay at a low speed. also there are two small hose outlets under the tow hook only one is shooting out water.. is that correct? much help needed thanks

The exhaust manifold drain line just below the E ports having a clog can reduce performance and pisser pressure. The head pisser pressure would indicate cooling system failure and the piston is seizeing. Air chuck that line.
Check the two small oil injection lines for any leakage and replace those as overlooked preventive maintenance. after 3-4 years they get brittle & break, then
engine fails and seizes from the lubrication failure.
Post any other noticeable observations, change the BR8ES *plugs gapped .021.
test compression. Bills8e

okay so i found a crack in the small oil line and now both eyelets under the tow hook are shooting out water now..... BUT the problem is still there. it runs great for about 10-15 min then it wants to go as soon as i hit the gas but levels out on water (15-20mph) then stays at that speed when at WOT... much help needed i wanna ride

Search here in fuel related areas, get the fuel system in top notch shape before you burn the motor from lean overheating, any part of the fuel system can allow air to enter which will cause the motor to slow down, and if the filters are not cleaned and sealed the same symptoms develop, this is very common for the 90's 2stroke family - yearly and new 2 you maintenance will be to clean out the fuel filters in the carb inlets and flush thru any steel gas can trash or other such swarf to insure the motor will have clean flow of fuel, a very basic idea that works well for most of the mariners is to dip on the side ramp and leave the boat on the trailer - start the motor with the pump in the water - feel the cooling hoses for warmth - observe any fuel/oil/water leaks, you can check the battery charging system at the battery posts by lifting the throttle a bit to get all the juices flowing, if you go to the parking lot to fix something dip again and test it, if you go home be sure to blow out the motor with a few quick blasts of the throttle with the pump out of the water - when you do this you will stop a lot of breakdown drama and your trips to the water will be much more smiles per gallon.

I forgot to mention marking the oil tank with tape and pencil to be sure it is drinking, first tank of fuel should be 5 gallons of premix while you run the trailer or water to observe the oil is moving into the motor as needed, when you know the oil is drinking then just keep putting gas only in the gas tank and go have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back