94 sea doo do 657x not getting fuel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron787gsx

Hey everyone I just picked up a sea doo 1994 do with the 657x engine in it. Bought it from a guy that said it was sitting for about 2 years and was garage kept and had it winterized. Compression is good engine turns over great pulled the carb off (twin carb) installed new gaskets jets were clean and it had the original fuel lines (gray lines) replaced them cleaned out the fuel selector put everything back together and for some reason I am not getting fuel to the carbs. But when I throw some fuel down in the carbs it fires up. I triple checked my work on the fuel lines. I tried blowing into the fuel line and I got a little bit of fuel to come through any idea on what I could do all fuel lines are tight would appreciate some input!!!! Thanks!

What I did with mine was I sucked fuel through the lines to prime them, as it take a while to prime. Use a brake bleeder so you don't have to risk fuel in your mouth. And then repeat the part where you pour fuel into the carb to finish the priming. It might fix your issue.

Just leave the return line off the rear carb then blow into the tank check valve. As soon as fuel comes out of the carb fitting put the hose back on.
No tools needed, carbs and hoses are primed, no way of getting fuel in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back