'94 GTX 36mph...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisV

My 94 gets 36 mph. I have replaced all the fuel lines, clean the selector switch, cleaned the carbs and switched to premix. Other then that all equipment is stock

How fast should a 94 GTdx go, it has the 657cc in it.

Im not worried as much on outta the hole, more top speed to keep up with my buddies boat a little more easily. What are some of my options here?

How does this impellar look?
I checked the clearance on the wear ring and it is under 0.040"
101_5721.JPG

Im guessing I can buy a replacement cap then?

Also from reading on here on removing impeller, I read that there is a flat spot on the shaft to put in a vice, but the shaft here is rounded all the way around, or is the flatter area somewhere else?

The flat spot is on the end of the shaft. The end of the shaft is in the pump cone. You have to remove the cone to see the end of the shaft.

Yes... buy a replacement rubber seal for the front of the impeller.

1) It will keep the grease in the splines, and in turn, keep the shaft from rusting into the impeller.

2) without the seal, you are creating excessive turbulence, and that could be killing some of your top speed.

What's your engine compression? It's an older ski, and it just may not be making the HP it should.

order a wear ring and impellor removal tool. Then you need a jigsaw, to cut the old one out.

Does the pic of the impeller look ok, are the small dings in the front edge OK or does it need to be replaced?

Well I replaced the Wear Ring and also replaced the beat up impeller with a reman Solas Impeller 14/19. I also replaced the missing rubber impeller boot on the driveshaft as well. Taking it out today, Im hoping 36 mph is gonna get beat :)

Chris...your a punk...lol..... taking her out today... most of us are stuck in the office... i dream of the lake on tuesday's...lol, let us know if you hit that 50mph mark

Well I picked up 5 mph, so 41mph is the new hotness
Definately helps when following my buddy and jumping his wake :)
But it sounds like it has a rattle somewhere, I noticed it on the way back to the marina, didnt notice it on the way out.

From looking at it as you look along the driveshaft looking towards rear, it spins clockwise (from looking at impeller blades to figure direction) so that would tend to tighten the impeller on the pump shaft. So likely it isnt loose.

But it deifnately feels tons better, better out of the hole and top end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back