93 GTX - Quick Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

balleng

Just a real quick question here...

I'm doing some work on a friend's 93 GTX 3-seater and I'm unfamiliar with the craft in question.

Is there a water hose hookup on this model? If so, where is it at?

I want to try firing it up but I don't like running them dry.

Thanks for your help!

check the stern on the exterior of the hull. on my 97 GTX its right there next to the jet. Have no earthly clue if its the same for you but its worth a shot!

The only thing on the stern of the hull (beside the jet) is a just a hull drain with a rubber stop fitting in it.

I know on some of the newer models there is a tube fitting mounted towards the back of the jet, but I don't see anything like that.

Is there even a hose hookup? Conveniently, my friend doesn't have the manual...

If I do want to run it dry, are there any quirks I have to be aware of? It would only be for a couple seconds... I just want to make sure I can fire it up.

There should be a white tee piece fitted in a black pipe in the engine compartment. It should be on the right hand side and between the engine and the stern of the hull. It should have a red cap on it. If its not there, firing it up and running for 10-15 seconds won't do it any harm.

Great! Okay, yeah, I see the tee-piece.

The fitting is smaller than a garden hose though. Is there a common adapter that I can buy for it?

If not, how else would you recommend hooking it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back