92 Seadoo GTX Check Valve Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seaduuude

I have a 92 GTX with the 587cc motor. It starts and runs great, for about 15 minutes, then it bogs..then full acceleration...then bogs...then full acceleration. This cycle continues. After I stop it for awhile, it starts and runs great again..for 15 minutes...then the same thing. It is like it is starving for fuel. Carbs were professionally rebuilt and new plugs recently, all the Gray fuel line is gone and replaced with good line. Could I be creating a vacuum in the fuel tank due to bad check valves? Any suggestions? I ordered new check valves and a new fuel filter today just for the hell of it.

Same when selecting normal or reserve?
I have found it to be helpful to detect fuel flow restrictions or leaking (air) by hooking a brake bleeder/vacuum tester to the line that feeds the carb.
Outside chance is pulse line or fuel pump.
As mentioned above, cutting back about 1/4 inch of lead at plugs to give fresh connection.

I have not tried reserve, but I guess I should. As for the leads, I can try that as well. Is the fuel pump inside the carbs?

The fuel pump is in the first (or only) carb
The second line from the engine block to the fuel pump is the pulse line that makes the fuel pump work; if it leaks the fuel pump does not work or is less effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back