787 top end

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am finally starting to put together my top end rebuild that I got back from full bore a few months ago. This is the first time I have done this so I am hoping it goes smoothly. Which leads to my question. I have reached out to full bore as well but I figured while I am waiting a reply I would ask here as well. My issue is the o-rings that go on the cylinder housings and the cylinder cover are too big to fit in the groove. Has anyone one ran into this issue before. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I have attached pics of what I am talking about in case my wording isn't correct for the items in question. I am thinking they just sent me the wrong packing. Thanks for any input or advice on this issue.20171101_003955.jpg20171101_003919.jpg

Yes
That is because as you push it in and follow it around the groove you a stretching the rubber
Try starting in several places to cause it not to stretch
Also a bit of silicon spray will help it move in the groove
Sounds like a dance [emoji23][emoji23]

Jknight is correct as you are stretching them but I like to install them dry. Any lube can make them pop out on you and can be frustrating, especially the head cover one.

After trying different approaches to get these things on I finally got it to work right. Thanks for all the advice which mirrored fullbore's as well when they called me first thing this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back