720cc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the exact same issue on my 97 GTI. Replaced DESS post and all cleaned all electrical connections. Still cut out.
Then I bought a new Seadoo DESS key (my local dealer had them in stock) and sent it and the MPEM for programming, the cutting out is gone.

All my electrical connections look good. I dont see any corrosion. Is there a specific connection that could cause this to happen? I got a new key last year and I already installed a new post. Both came from dealer.

Seadoo key or aftermarket? Check the key for magnetism. I have 5 seadoos and 4 had the seadoo key. The one with problems had an aftermarket one. I compared the old seadoo keys magnet to the new junk and it had no magnetism.
The dess post has a reed switch that uses the magnet in the key to complete the circuit.

Also check all fuses for corrosion. My 97 has 2 fuses in the mpem and one in the rear electrical box. Yours being newer may have more.

I'm no seadoo expert but am becoming one as I have 5 of these now that all have small issues that I am working through. I mainly work on motorcycles as a hobby, the seadoo are similar but quite different> lol

Last edited:
It is a seadoo key from the dealer. I think I tried everything in that area to rule it out as the culprit. However at this point im willing to try again. Will go about getting a new key this week.

Check your key for magnetism before buying one. I'm sure you know you will have to have the MPEM reprogrammed again when you buy the new key.

Your problem could be something else. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back