720 Series Engine - Inexpensive Oil Options

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crainkyl000

Hello all,

I'm looking to see what oils I can use in my 1999 Seadoo Speedster SK (with twin 720 series engines). If I don't absolutely need to, I would rather not go spend a ton of money on the SeaDoo brand stuff from a dealer...

Any advice?

I read some threads of people using quicksilver as a good alternative. Ive been using it this summer and have had no issues. Its not the cheapest stuff on the shelf but some say its as good as seadoos oil. Look for the marine/pwc grade.

Got a $ 3 Engine ? Use $ 3 oil

Use the Sea Doo stuff, unless you are REALLY knowledgeable about oil. Marine 2 stroke oil is NOT suitable for the 720.

As mentioned you can use Quicksilver, found at Wal mart. You need to use api rated low ash oil. Not what is commonly found in the boat oil section, tcw3 stuff. The Quicksilver MUST say PWC on the jug. It is slightly cheaper than xps, usually 38 for a gallon of synthetic.

The oil topic gets brought up constantly, search for it and be educated.

Buy the seadoo XPS synthetic bend. If you buy a case (3 gal) your local shop should give it to you for $32~$35 gal.

i bought the quicksilver 2day it says tcw3 i think it is the write wording for it and on the back it has the aci or asi stamp and says no ash formula is that the correct 1?

ok thanks i wanted to make sure be4 i poured it in. you do alot of post on here dr. honda so i am definitley going to listen to you about it. thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back