717 Oil Line Specs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

noviceskier

Already have the 3ft worth of 3/32 tygon lines

Figured I want 0 chance of this "gel" coming into my injection system ruining a good motor.

I need 5/16 lines if I'm correct? Length needed?

I know there's another line I'm forgetting too, any help would be nice although this isn't a time sensitive issue haha.

Already have OEM oil filter and mineral oil, just wanting to get oil lines replaced so I can mount carbs and bleed system, very close to it's maiden voyage before I dump more time and effort into the jetpump rebuild and gelcoat restoration.

Just reuse the original lines from the tank. If you want wash them out with gas. I have never found a suitable replacement, they all turn hard where the OEM stuff stays soft and plyable. You can get the OEM stuff but it's not cheap unless you score it off ebay like I have in the past.

It's 8mm and 12mm tubing you're looking for

It's 8mm and 12mm tubing you're looking for

Procaliber has 12mm listed for $21
PN:275000007 seems to be superseded by PN:415080700 same line? Listed as polyurethane hose, (for $7.64 ) not tygon? Considering this is oem, would this be cause for concern?

I'm just doing this for piece of mind, lines are older than me and have had incorrect oil in them for years.

Even though they feel solid, so did the lines in my other ski. One weekend later one of the lines break off almost frying the motor (thankfully I caught the leak in time given that I check underneath the engine compartment every so often when on the water)

I believe that price is by the meter. Which is crazy. I think your best bet is eBay. But do your research. I've always bought old stock of eBay

Good to know....the one i took off were no where opaque anymore and completely black or at the very least very dark. I prefer eBay due to knowing the arrival dates, guarantee arrival. I have ordered some parts from suppliers both via their website and eBay and overtime the eBay items arrive on or before the guarantee date and the other items i purchased via their website, that shows in stock, has taken over 10 days to arrive. Right now I am awaiting parts that i ordered priority express and they have yet to ship. I hate waiting on parts.....wished I had a source close to me. Off my rant..:mad: and back on topic.... I am glad I went with these as I almost chose a hardware source pac lines but thought better of it.....

THe hoses get stained from the wrong blue TCW-3 oil. I have always rinsed them out with gas but you will never get the stain out. The only ones I have actually replaced had holes worn it then and I used OEM.

The problem with the OEM is it comes per meter so on the longer skis like the HX you have to splice 2 pieces together.

THe hoses get stained from the wrong blue TCW-3 oil. I have always rinsed them out with gas but you will never get the stain out. The only ones I have actually replaced had holes worn it then and I used OEM.

The problem with the OEM is it comes per meter so on the longer skis like the HX you have to splice 2 pieces together.
Osd sells it by the foot.

If you put 5 you would get 5 continuous feet through OSD you can also call them to confirm.

If you put 5 you would get 5 continuous feet through OSD you can also call them to confirm.
Figured, just wanted to make sure :thumbs-up:

I'll be putting my order in for them this weekend, any HX owners have a rough estimate of how much line i need? I could just go outside and check but weather hasn't permitted the time for me to open the hood.

(Also picking up another HX this weekend although it is already restored, I'll be a making another carb thread for that one since it has the fpp spec II with 97 gsx carbs, just wanting to get the jets correct on that before I take it wot)

I would check with @Matt Braley on the jetting for that Factory pipe. I know the early ones had too small of an outlet and would melt the PTO piston. Matt knows the specifics on those pipes.

I would check with @Matt Braley on the jetting for that Factory pipe. I know the early ones had too small of an outlet and would melt the PTO piston. Matt knows the specifics on those pipes.

I'm just curious if the stock jetting found in that ski is good enough to feed the pipe, apparently there's a difference between spec I and spec II. But I'm sure this will all be answered on this forum.

I can say that fuel tubing from nitro radio controlled cars is perfect. It will never harden up, is cheap and you can get it from most hobby stores in any colour you like.

I went with clear on mine as that’s just what I had lying about. It’s made to suffer hellish abuse with nitromethanol so is fine for the RV lines.

I can say that fuel tubing from nitro radio controlled cars is perfect. It will never harden up, is cheap and you can get it from most hobby stores in any colour you like.

I went with clear on mine as that’s just what I had lying about. It’s made to suffer hellish abuse with nitromethanol so is fine for the RV lines.

I have my old traxxas cars I used to race around, but I don't think they offer the sizes I need, although i can call my local hobby store and ask. Although I know the contains methanol i don't know how it will handle the oil.

The 717 Factory pipes are only differentiated by the HX and the XP versions and those differences are in the chamber. As Miki says watch out for the earliest version of the chambers with the 34mm exit.

Stock 787 jetting in the 787 carbs is best for running these pipes on the 717's. Your adding 25HP to the original 85HP so that puts you right at the 110HP that the 787 carbs are tuned for.

Stock 787 jetting in the 787 carbs is best for running these pipes on the 717's. Your adding 25HP to the original 85HP so that puts you right at the 110HP that the 787 carbs are tuned for.

What is the difference between spec I and spec II? I forgot what pitch he said the prop is at. Plan on picking it up sunday. And lake testing it the day of or after.

I know the contains methanol i don't know how it will handle the oil.

To make the intelligent decision you need to know the material and grade then look it up on an application chart.

I used nylon tubing for the small oil lines on my 951 a couple years ago b/c it's impervious to most anything, so far no problem.

What is the difference between spec I and spec II? I forgot what pitch he said the prop is at. Plan on picking it up sunday. And lake testing it the day of or after.

The Spec 1 and Spec 2 are the 2 pipes that Factory Pipe made for the 787 engine.

To make the intelligent decision you need to know the material and grade then look it up on an application chart.

I used nylon tubing for the small oil lines on my 951 a couple years ago b/c it's impervious to most anything, so far no problem.
Can you share the specs on the small nylon tubing you used on your 951?

Do you have home depot near by? They have 3/32" fuel line there. You can buy a roll for a few bucks, enough to do a few skis. It's orange in color, it's fuel line so it's oil safe, I've used it on a few skis. Made by watts.

that will work no problem. I am sure it has been stated already, but if your looking for a forever solution just cough up the extra money on tygon hosing

that stuff will still be in great condition by the time that ski is ready for the junkyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back