657 bog

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanboat

Turns out these high rev machines are not made to idle around the Lake for hours on end chasing the Bass Bites!!
Most the week I was tooling around the lake,pulling my A-Rig and catching average 1 Bass per hour in 4 feet of water near the Shore line.Once in awhile I would hit the gas,but stopped doing this because the motor would die out.
I just keep changing the plugs after a few tanks of gas.Now after 20 hours of this cruising around,she just got tired and stopped running at all,other than the 10 sec start up.
So today I am running the Seafoam in her...to be continued.

DO NOT run Seafoam! It is a solvent and will strip the lubricating oil off the engine parts. There is also nothing that it will fix on these engines.

The problem is these engines were never made to idle for hours and neither were outboards, that is why there are trolling motors.

Too late,as she sits here in my yard after a water hose run several times for 5 minutes,and now she is taking in more vial juice strait into the spark plug holes...and waiting for yet another dose of run time...
God help me

Just had a great day at the Lake,water temp in the 70 degrees...and yes the seadoo is running like a top again after under going the Seaform treatment.Compression is still at 130 psi per cylinder,pop off is set at 14 psi...she start with ease no throttle applied.
Just to be sure I do not build up Carbon again,I changed the Oil to 100% synthic(sp)and after about 15 minutes run time on cruise speed I pull on the throttle a while.
Saved me from having to pull the motor and and cleaning the top end here...

Had quite a ride on the Lake 2 days ago weather was sunny and calm over on lake Hogan California,it was a Thursday and we saw only 1 boat trailer in the lot that day.We showed up at the Lake to do some Bass fishing,I was mounted on my Seadoo and my son brought along my 8 foot sabot,which we hooked a tow rope to and I dragged him on over to the far side on the Lake,about a 30 minute tug to get to a nice tributary.
All was going pretty well except not a fish bit in sight,but the scenery was great.The wind was picking up we notice,when a dead tree blew over and crashed to the ground,than another tree fell.
At this point I was bored of fishing,reeled in the line and went for a full speed hot lap in the cove there.
Gee's...the main lake was White Capped!so I pulled up to my son's boat and said we should head back to the Landing....Dang,I was dressed in tennis shoes,life vest,and hooded jacket,never thinking I would get wet this trip...boy was I wrong here.
Darn water temp was 50 degrees and the waves were blasting over my hood,soaked oh yes.The landing seemed to be several miles away,I had to head directly into the waves so I would not tip over the H4 hull.
The thing about this ride is there was no rescue boat or even people on the watch to offer help if we were thrown into the water....we made it back.
Me thinks I will check the wind report before I try this adventure again...@ 66 years old not made for the cold water
Merry Xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back