583 Rotax, will not get on plane... runs out great.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

explorerman

it feels like there is a shear pin busted somewhere, or a clutch is slipping somewhere, because it jumps up, then levels out but will not get up on plane or go faster than 10. I rebuilt the motor, and have never run the boat... it was a rental. it's a '94 Seadoo explorer with a 583. Is there a shear pin somewhere that i don't know about? The motor runs out great... I know nothing about these jet systems. Please help me....

sound like the problem i,m currently in the process of repairing wich is a severley damadged wear ring on the drive pump

you can check links to my posts theres been a bunch of guys on here helping me with mine and there is also a link on there for a video i put on youtube so you can compare..

they say you neeed a specisal pulle to pull the jet drive off the boat but i used one stiff leaf spring out of a jeep and a piece of chain 2 blocks of wood and an eye bolt to pull it , if you need to make something like this work let me know.

motor pull

you may get the idea by now, that i don't know much about these systems, but do I have to get at this from the top?, or can the unit come out the back of the boat, I had the cylinders bored out, and I rebuilt the top end over the winter with the motor still in the boat. That was a nightmare, and it may have been just as easy to pull the motor and work on it on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back