50 dollar tow. Islandia 250 opti no fuel to rail please help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyinvt

Hi fellow merc owners. 2nd time in my islandias life that it's been towed. Last was due to a broken belt. This time it is fuel starvation. When I squeeze the strader valve out comes air. From the compressor but no fuel? I removed the spin on and drained it No water in it. I turn key and hear fuel pump not every time but ever other or so Gas did come out of the spin on area when testing without filter installed so I know it's getting that far. Couldn't quite find which way the fuel goes from there but seems to be making it out of the tank anyway. If any of u owners know troubleshooting steps I would be much grateful
:patriot:

Well.... at this point, I think you will need to take the top of the vapor separator off, and...

1) see if you get fuel flow from the lift pump, into the float.

2) Check the high pressure pump for proper function.

The DR. is in!

Thanks for stepping in Doc.. from the sounds of some of your post you have saved some decent money on your Islandia- i paid 14k for mine a few years ago and pretty much love the thing.. my interior had the poor red vynil that went to hell a couple of years after warranty due to dry rot and that will all need to be redone.. yours looks like the grey color.. nice.. my white portion is 100 percent but where yours is gray mine is red and SHOT!
anyway looked into a borrowed service manual and found i was lookin at the wrong strader valve for gas- i was checking the air side.. oops .. anyway the fuel side does have pressurized fuel in it ( at least cranking with it pushed in throws quite a bit of fuel. the boat will start every now and then and run for a few seconds and then just quit like someone turned it off.. so now i am thinking electrical rathern than fuel. I dont have any one to help me out in the yard so i cant check spark and crank the key at the same time. I am waiting for my wife to give me a hand. Wondering your thoughts on my new relevations? maybe a crank pos. sennsor? again it ran all for about 45 mins from dock to swim area about 4k and then i cut it off and it just wouldnt restart? i stopped by one of the local shops today and got the OPTIcrap from one and the other wants me to bring it in (seems know one has alot of skill with these)
thanks for your help.
tony
:banghead:

Thanks for stepping in Doc.. from the sounds of some of your post you have saved some decent money on your Islandia- i paid 14k for mine a few years ago and pretty much love the thing.. my interior had the poor red vynil that went to hell a couple of years after warranty due to dry rot and that will all need to be redone.. yours looks like the grey color.. nice.. my white portion is 100 percent but where yours is gray mine is red and SHOT!
anyway looked into a borrowed service manual and found i was lookin at the wrong strader valve for gas- i was checking the air side.. oops .. anyway the fuel side does have pressurized fuel in it ( at least cranking with it pushed in throws quite a bit of fuel. the boat will start every now and then and run for a few seconds and then just quit like someone turned it off.. so now i am thinking electrical rathern than fuel. I dont have any one to help me out in the yard so i cant check spark and crank the key at the same time. I am waiting for my wife to give me a hand. Wondering your thoughts on my new relevations? maybe a crank pos. sennsor? again it ran all for about 45 mins from dock to swim area about 4k and then i cut it off and it just wouldnt restart? i stopped by one of the local shops today and got the OPTIcrap from one and the other wants me to bring it in (seems know one has alot of skill with these)
thanks for your help.
tony
:banghead:

Aaahhhh an optimax...... I would still start with the basics. To run there needs to be air, fuel and spark. Sounds like you have eliminated air and fuel so I would also go with electrical so check kill switch and spark for the simple stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing with the Di engine... it can feel "Electrical" and still be fuel.

Get a real pressure reading on the fuel, and air system. Also... check for a ground on the ignition.

Look in your helm, and see if you have one of the mercury guards. When they fail... they are known to randomly shut off the engine. If it's there... disconnect the Black/yellow wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back