5 Amp Fuse Blew - 96 Seadoo Gsx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ochi

Hello :) I have a story and question for you guys :)

I was riding my ski today jumping waves here and there and on one of the hits my ski just shuts down electrically...I open the seat and hood and check to see what was wrong and i noticed nothing with the battery connection or nothing disconnected...I did notice my VTS cover was off (it doesnt work but it was still connected) and it looked like it was a little wet in there....So i keep putting on and off my key and nothing would turn on...

I get towed in to land and I check my MPEM box and the 5 fuse was blown. My friend just had a huge problem with his 5amp fuse kept blowing because of his stator so I was thinking i may have gotten water in my stator so I put another fuse and it worked perfect...no more problems....

My question is: What could have caused my 5amp to blow and my ski just shut off when i hit a wave rather hard...Could it have been water getting into the still connected VTS which doesnt work and causing it to short circuit?

(I now have my VTS disconnected just incase, please give me some input...)

Yes....

Yes, it's probably a short. If your hittin the waves hard, then you may be jingling a wire touching another somewhere. You need to keep a tool kit and spare 5 amp fuses for the next run.

If you replaced the fuse and it didn't do it again than it could have been just a loose wire, or possiable short in the wireing from the sudden jults of wave jumping. Keep a eye on it. if it keeps doing it, I would look at the stator and rcheck it out

Scubadoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back