4-tech exhaust manifold, water passages blocked

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrighthm

Good morning experts. I have a 2003 GTX 4-tech with supercharger. The ski has been stood ten years. I am trying to get it back to the water but it seams the open loop cooling loop is blocked. I removed the hose from the front of the manifold and cab blow back down to the intake. Likewise I removed the exhaust pipe from the manifold and can blow though the flush connection. I am unable to blow from teh front of the manifold cooling inlet to either of the rear manifold cooling outlets. I can blow between the two outlets. nobody seams to ever had a blocked manifold on the web. Has anybody had this problem and did they find a way to resolve it? I am thinking of buying some salt away and with a line attached to the cooling exits of the manifold pouring this in to the manifold to see if it clears the blockage. Any other ideas on clearing it would be appreciated. Teh gas side of the manifold seams fine with no signs of water ingress. Thankyou for reading

OK, I had no choice but to progress, I tried compressed air and CLR with no luck so decided to remove the manifold. This was a good call as the inlet was completely blocked and also so badly corroded that the fitting fell of when I tried to clean it. For clarity this ski has 26hrs on it and clearly was not flushed or stored correctly.20220123_132046.jpg20220123_132302.jpg20220123_132322.jpg

Yep, right in the operators manual it talks about flushing the exhaust system after riding the ski and then storing for even a short time. You have a good example as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back