4-tec grease impeller? ALSO, RV/Boat antifreeze for storage.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonydiato

I have a 2007 seGTI, and a service manual. Does anyone know where to GREASE the impeller? Can someone take a pic? Is there a zerk fitting?

Also, someone told me to pull a clamp off a small hose behind the engine, and port the pink antifreeze in this exhaust-looking-area. The service manual does not say to do this, but would it hurt, to make sure that there is NO water in this exhast?:willy_nilly:

I have a 2007 seGTI, and a service manual. Does anyone know where to GREASE the impeller? Can someone take a pic? Is there a zerk fitting?

Also, someone told me to pull a clamp off a small hose behind the engine, and port the pink antifreeze in this exhaust-looking-area. The service manual does not say to do this, but would it hurt, to make sure that there is NO water in this exhast?:willy_nilly:

The pump grease is in the tail cone on the pump. It's held on with 3 bolts and can only be accessed by taking the nozzles/reverse off.

Yes, you need to pump anti-freeze through your exhaust system to ensure the waterjacketed exhaust and the waterbox (muffler) do not crack. There should be a procedure in the manual for doing this. Pouring is not a good method. Pumping it through with a drill powered pump is a much better option.

You should also be spraying fogging oil to protect your valves.

I bought that Drill pump and it worked GREAT for the antifreeze. Thanks for that info. Do you have a photo of what needs to be greased for the impeller? It is not behind the engine hidden in the boot, i keep reading about?

For my 96 GTX I need to grease 2 spots - #1is the PTO under a cover behind the engine (picture of zerk fitting) and #2 is the cone at the end of the impeller as viewed from the back of the jet. (this is heavy oil and needs to be removed and replaced)

Please check, yours may not have a zerk fitting, IDK about your 4-TEC

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 20
This has been talked about a few times lately. On the 4 tech, there is nothing to grease.

Seadoo switched from oil to grease in the pump cones on the 4 tecs. This should be checked every year as a precaution, as is for the 2 strokes with pump oil.
#2 is the cone at the end of the impeller as viewed from the back of the jet. (this is heavy oil and needs to be removed and replaced)

Please check, yours may not have a zerk fitting, IDK about your 4-TEC

The 4 tec cone is supposed to be packed 100% full with grease. A lot of people find that the grease does not have great contact with the bearings and opt to do a 50% mixture of gear oil and grease, or just convert to 100% oil. Just make sure you put the cone on with the pointed end facing the ground or else you will be dumping the mixture onto the ground.

Take off the steering nozzle/reverse bucket...the pump cone will be staring you in the face. three allen screws hold it in place...easier to do on a bench after the pump has been removed. a lil tip....have a rubber mallet handy to...... gently.....persuade the cone on one side then the other till you can twist it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back