4-Tec Can't keep running

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawerence

New to forum and pwc. 2nd year of 2007 4-Tec model. To start year changed oil and filter with no apparent problems. Started up for a few seconds before putting in water and seemed to run fine. Put in water, started fine, then quit.
I changed the the two fuel filters with no change(no small job).
How long can I safely run it out of water to test it? I have had it in the water 4 times now with same result of quitting. Won't start back in water once failed to continue running. Pull it out, let it set for a few minutes and will start back.
It kind of acts like fuel starvation like water in the gas(had that with lawn mowers), put in a couple of bottles of Heet to combat that possibility.
I read that there are trouble code readers out there? Is that affordable?
Your help is appreciated as the summer waits for no one.
Thanks

Sadly I can't offer anything other than to say I'm experiencing same but haven't changed my fuel filters (yet). Kinda disappointed your efforts to change filters didn't address you (our) problem.

I'm planing to replace filters and install new fuel pump. Also considering pulling the fuel rail to access the injectors and clean/test them.

When my 2005 RXT dies, she can't be restarted until having sat for a while, but like you she will restart after an extended break. Just started experiencing the issue 7/7/16) so haven't gotten into effort to address.

Wish you luck. If I stumble into a solution, I'll come back and let you know what we did and think might have helped.

3ftDeep!! I just discovered your YouTube channel and literally subscribed this morning. Found your vids doing my research late last night. Your vids are great quality and content. Your 1st run maintenance vid gave me the visuals and the confidence to pull my own fuel assembly this morning. I won't bother sharing how disgusting the filters were, to say nothing of the crap settled in the tank. I have my work cut out for me, and your insights have been a big help already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back