4 place jet ski trailer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

glsmohio

So has any one on here made one out of a boat trailer if so what info do you have? I have 4 x4's and this might be the next thing i build.

Thanks
scott

There are some special shops out there that build them and any custom trailer shop can make you one. I've been quoted anywhere from 2500 to 7500.

What you basically need is a 2-3 axle 24-28 foot pontoon trailer. Then add a winching system and tie down points for the separate skis.

Just look at a pontoon trailer, your 90% done. All the ones by me are for the four the short bus pontoon boats. Meaning single axle. LOL

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Hear you go. You can get different V brackets very cheap. The expensive part is the bow stop/winch posts.

Look at the cross bars, it makes the whole set up 100% width adjustable.

Pontoon-boat-trailer-guides.jpg

I've seen a few ads lately on CRAIGSLIST that had a custom built trailer to haul 3 or 4 machines. I imagine they started life as pontoon trailers, as racerxxx shows above.

Hear you go. You can get different V brackets very cheap. The expensive part is the bow stop/winch posts.

i like your idea, just need to find one for the right $$$$. around me they bring crazy $$$$

My boss has one that hauls 4 4tec gti's. It's kinda redneck, cuz he had the welder make it before I started working there. Just a car trailer, with expanded metal deck, with a fence pipe frame with bunk brackets. The only thing that sucks is you can't get to the underside of ski's cuz of the exp. metal flooring

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just go buy a triton instead of going to buy a pontoon trailer and try modifying it and if does work it's garbage or worst while towing a ski falls off??

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just go buy a triton instead of going to buy a pontoon trailer and try modifying it and if does work it's garbage or worst while towing a ski falls off??

Hands down I would do just about anything I could to get a Triton.

1- They're like hens teeth.
2- They're way expensive.

Typically they're in the 3-3500 range. A toon trailer used can go close to a G, a few hundos in mods and rebuild and I'm done for probably $1500ish. Now I still have $2k in my wallet. As far as craftsmanship, that is not an issue for me. I can fab just about anything I need, I work in a family owned machine shop. We build custom equipment from a concept to final product all the time.

Here was one in April, $2600 and the brakes didn't work. ANd it was 1/2 the country away from me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-Triton-e...43b73&pid=100204&rk=20&rkt=30&sd=181259447583

im going to build something later on in the summer. i now have 4 skis and need the big one now. just not sure yet on how im going to do it.

My 4 ski trailer was custom built based on a pontoon trailer. I gave the company specific directions on bunk widths, axle placement, removable winch placement, etc. Overall I am happy with it but I had to sort out all kinds of small issues once I got it because they did not build it exactly as I requested. Overall, I love the trailer now that I fixed these issues. The trailer cost me $2000 and I had to spend another $400 to correct some issues.

My 4 ski trailer was custom built based on a pontoon trailer. I gave the company specific directions on bunk widths, axle placement, removable winch placement, etc. Overall I am happy with it but I had to sort out all kinds of small issues once I got it because they did not build it exactly as I requested. Overall, I love the trailer now that I fixed these issues. The trailer cost me $2000 and I had to spend another $400 to correct some issues.

So you have any pics? I'd love to see one converted.

Heading out on a ski/camping trip tomorrow. When I get the skis off the trailer and into the water on Wed or Thurs, I will snap a few pics.

I can't get the attachment feature to cooperate so I will upload them when I get back from our trip on Monday.

Seems like the difficult part would be mounting winch posts for the rear skis so they could fold down and out of the way in order to get the front skis on and secured. The front posts could be stationary but the rears could not be.....

Seems like the difficult part would be mounting winch posts for the rear skis so they could fold down and out of the way in order to get the front skis on and secured. The front posts could be stationary but the rears could not be.....

Actually, that's the easiest part. You can buy a 2" hitch receiver for pennies on the dollar. Then you just use a receiver pin to hold it in place. It's 100% removable. That's how the manufacturers of the 4 place trailers do it.

Actually, that's the easiest part. You can buy a 2" hitch receiver for pennies on the dollar. Then you just use a receiver pin to hold it in place. It's 100% removable. That's how the manufacturers of the 4 place trailers do it.

lol such a simple solution. I kind of feel stupid for not thinking of that.

Ok guys. So I had chance to get some pics. Although they are not the greatest, it gives you the idea. I added an LED strip light to the rear.

IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1662.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back