3D Shoq pole.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

D 5UPE

Premium Member
Premium Member
Has anyone bought and used the Shoq pole for the 3D yet.

What sort of price?
Is the riding position any good?
Would you recomend this riding style to anyone wanting to buy one?

I thought about buying one but need some input on the SHOQ first.:confused::cheers:

Ya, go onto ParkerYamaha

Sales rep is Dave.

I just bought the shoq pole and new cover for $100 bucks.
He said they boought all of Bombardiers 3D stock, and they are just gettin rid of it cheap.

I would assume this would mean that you can no longer order from Bombardier as they are obsolete.

Gettem before there gone. good luck

Kevin, THANK YOU!

That was awesome! I just ordered the SHOQ pole and KNEE pad for $100 bucks!! Shipping was a little steep to OHIO, but I guess the knee pad is a little heavy. Now I have to endure winter and wait for spring...

All I need now is the gel seat cover which I cannot find anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Im totally gutted at finding out the shipping and import tax on the shoq pole, knee pad and ski cover. Shipping is more than the parts cost, to be sent over to th UK.:(

It would be more cost effective if I had flown over to California for a holiday and brought the goods back.
Her indoors said No!
Import Tax and shipping is rediculously expensive.
But if items are sent as a gift its not taxable.;)
Why arn't I living somewhere thats warm and things for ski's go cheap. A place like California.:banghead:

D 5UPE - I couldn't imagine what that quote was. Like I said, I was amazed that shipping just to Ohio was $50-55. So I paid 50% for shipping ($100 + $50 shipping). But, by the post above me, it's still cheaper then normal cost. PLUS they are discontinued and who knows if I would ever be able to get ahold of these items.

You got a bargain there Ibanez. I was after shoq pole, Knee pad and ski cover. Just shipping was $442.00 totall cost $582
if I had bought the pole over here last year from Seadoo dealer it would have cost me £300.00 English pounds. About $260.00 dollars. The Parker site wants photo copies of credit card and 2x signature specimens. Before any overseas buyer can purchase them. Maybe they been had by overseas buyers. Or it could be for import tax purpose.:confused:

Anyways I decided im not taken a chance in specimen signatures and potocopies of my credit card.

I'll just wait till a shoq pole comes available on Ebay, or a used one becomes available.:hurray:
Anyways whats the riding style like or have you not had the chance to test out yet?

You got a bargain there Ibanez. I was after shoq pole, Knee pad and ski cover. Just shipping was $442.00 totall cost $582
if I had bought the pole over here last year from Seadoo dealer it would have cost me £300.00 English pounds. About $260.00 dollars. The Parker site wants photo copies of credit card and 2x signature specimens. Before any overseas buyer can purchase them. Maybe they been had by overseas buyers. Or it could be for import tax purpose.:confused:

Anyways I decided im not taken a chance in specimen signatures and potocopies of my credit card.

I'll just wait till a shoq pole comes available on Ebay, or a used one becomes available.:hurray:
Anyways whats the riding style like or have you not had the chance to test out yet?

D5 - Talk to them again and try to only get the SHOQ and cover. Reason being is because the KNEE is HUGE and heavy. This is whats driving up shipping cost. I was surpised at the size and weight. This way you can still get some of the stuff you want for a reasonable cost and wait to find the KNEE closer to home.

D5 - Talk to them again and try to only get the SHOQ and cover. Reason being is because the KNEE is HUGE and heavy. This is whats driving up shipping cost. I was surpised at the size and weight. This way you can still get some of the stuff you want for a reasonable cost and wait to find the KNEE closer to home.

Only thing with the Parkers site is they want photo copies of credit cards and 2 specimen signatures for overseas buyers.
Maybe they been had to many times. Im not happy sending specimen anything.:rofl:
So got to find other ways.:(
Whats the ride like then? :)

guys.....
I just got my pole and cover yesterday - less then 2 weeks after shipment. brand spanking new, with all the parts. amazed.

i am ordering a second set as i just picked up another brand new 06 DI.

Get these while there gone. People selling this sh*t on ebay with starting bids 50 more then they are selling them for. Stupid not too.

i sent my copies of cards etc....and no worries. he shreds them after confirm u are legit. they gotta cover their ass too.

recommend 100 %

NOW>>>anyone have a 3d KART seat. Thats all i need. Prefer back / grey one. kevinjansen101@hotmail.com

good luck guys.....summers just arodn the corner!

hi ive just bought a 3d di 2006 but needs a good complete engine rebuild can anyone recomend i live in newcastle uk so somewhere close would be good and d5upe ive got a shock pole with mine if you wana use it to try it out before your spend loads of money on one ive not used it myself as just got ski and it doesnt work just let me know cheers mark

You would have to install additional hardware in the handlepole to use the shoq. FWIW, I have all modes available to me and spend 90 percent of my time standing with the shoq installed. I think it should have come with the ski standard. Infinitely more fun with much less effort than with the handlepole swinging in the breeze.

Yipeeeeeeee.

Eventually got my shoq pole. And its a fab ride in this mode.
Tighter turns and more comfortable jumps off waves without bashing your crown jewels off the seat. :hurray::cheers:

What is the KNEE all about. Anyone have one and like it?

It's alright. You're able to clamp your legs around the middle "hump" you sit on and do some really aggressive turns. But if the water is anything but glass you drown from the spray, just like the Kart seat. Both of which sit in the cuddy of my boat and are rarely used (by me).

Make sure when you do the install to follow the second part of the instructions that retains the original hardware that clamps the handlepole to the body of the ski instead of removing that piece altogether. Otherwise, in "Kart" or "Knee" mode you'll have to use the shoq to hold the handlepole in place and it will feel like riding a Harley with ape hangers..

Are you talking about the anchoring bracket that sits right above the gas cap? So the bracket I already have on there, which they tell me to remove and install the one that the shoq pole came with, is the only one that the kart or knee will work with? I don't have the knee or kart seat yet, but I was wondering if you could be more specific as to what part you are talking about. Thanks WVERNON.

The instructions as I recall shows two ways of installing the hardware. The first way is to remove the anchoring bracket, the second way allows you to leave it in place. It's a little tricker to get the pin in but you can still lock down the handlepole minus the shoq by installing it the second way. Come to think of it, if you don't have a kart or knee seat you wouldn't have the lockdown bracket that comes in those kits anyway so I guess you can disregard my advice altogether. Sorry for the confusion :)

The instructions as I recall shows two ways of installing the hardware. The first way is to remove the anchoring bracket, the second way allows you to leave it in place. It's a little tricker to get the pin in but you can still lock down the handlepole minus the shoq by installing it the second way. Come to think of it, if you don't have a kart or knee seat you wouldn't have the lockdown bracket that comes in those kits anyway so I guess you can disregard my advice altogether. Sorry for the confusion :)

LOL. No problem man. The only thing that the instructions say is to replace the anchoring bracket with the one provided with the shoq pole. It stays "they may look the same, but the one provided with the shoq pole has been improved and reinforced to improve durability". I take it you have the kart and/or knee as well, so did you install the new anchor bracket or did you use the old one when you installed the shoq pole hardware?

I installed the new one although they looked the same to me. I will say that you want to be careful when snapping the shoq onto that bracket that you install it at the correct angle. Then swing it forward into position to snap into the handlepole mount. You shouldn't feel resistance/friction when swinging it forward. If you do, you're deforming the plastic bracket (bending down the plastic below the metal loop) and the shoq will eventually not want to stay snapped in when the water gets rough. Push down on the shoq so it doesn't catch the plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back