3D Di stops after 15min - Again

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gideon

Ok so I took my 2007 3D Di out for the first time this weekend. All seemed fine and I am now sure that this is the most fun one can have with your clothes on!!! But like they say all good things must come to an end:banghead:

After my first 3 runs around 30min total the ski just stopped. looks like it shut itself down. No warning light or beeps nothing and refuses to start. Its like the battery if not connected properly. So off with the cover and sure the positive wire is loose, thightened this up and off I went again. Now on every run after 10 - 15 min it stops again and wont start, at least the starter turns but the motor doesnt fire not even on the trailer.

Things I am goingt to try. (as I gathered from other posts with the same simtoms)

1. Clean the fuel tank and filters
2. Change the plugs
3. Add injector cleaner to clean the injectors
4. Do the mod that was posted with the coils touching the metal
5. Charge or change the battery and try again

Anything else you guys can suggest?

There is no BRP dealer within 4 hours from me so I would have to sort this out myself if possible. Also I am goint to the coast in 2 weeks and am short of time.

Thanks in advance!

OK I think I found the problem, Looks like the fuel pump is screwed or clogged

IMG_0397.JPG

Also I want to check the inline filter, how do I remove these?

IMG_0396.JPG

Yep... the pump doesn't look happy.

I made a post on your other thread on how to get the hoses apart.

I would make sure the battery is fully charged, and in good condition. With a fuel injected ski... you can have enough voltage to get it to turn over... but if the battery sags down to about 10.6v while cranking, the fuel injection won't run. Since the battery was loose... than could be the problem.

Thanks . I cleaned the tank and the pump as I cannot get one in SA for 3 weeks. Connected it up to 12v and it looks ok but obviousely wont know untill i connect a guage to it. The filter at the bottom was blocked solid and as soon as I can get the in line filter out I will check that. I am going to try and replace all the filters and run it with the old pump to test.

Installed a new fuel pump and it sorted this issue out, It has been running for a couple of hours no problem. Yesterday ran for 30 min and then a loss of power after I did a couple if 180s. No limp mode just goes at 5mph at full throttly, running rough and battles to start. Could this be the fuel pump again? Going to test the fuel system again for water beacause this seems like someting is getting wet. left it overnight and starts easy again.

Are you getting any water in the bilge? I have found that our 3Ddi leaks through many places and once the water is about an inch or more deep it touches the starter positive terminal which in turns makes the HT leads arc to everything but the spark plug. I have spent alot of hours going through and finding where all the leaks are that are letting water in. these are

1/ the rubber boot that is "supposed to " seal the wires and steering cable from the handle bars into the main hull. only a loose cable tie from factory. I have sealed inbetween all the wires/cables and in the boot with silicon. I also pulled the handlebars and sealed where the grommet fits the cut out of the hull as water gets past this as well.
2/Screws that hold the elastic for the child polystyrene foot extenders, also at the top of the foot well there are plastic covers that the top of the foot extenders latch into. under these they have drilled 3 holes but only one is used. silicon the other two as an amazing amount of water gets in here.
3/ front tow attachment, pull off ECU mount and pull right hand polystyrene float out of the way. you can see the two nuts that hold on the front tow attach. remove these and pull off tow attachment. fill whole concave with silicon then replace tow attachment.

after doing all the above I cut down my water ingress to a minimum, however when driven hard in turns and diving the nose through waves I have found (via using a waterproof video cam) that water is getting past the air sep in the top cover and getting sucked into the hull. I have just sealed off the front air intake in the top cover as I believe water is being forced into the top cover through here and overwhelming the air sep with too much water. I still have to do a final test on this mod but the rear openings look more than enough and are in a lot more sheltered place from forced water.

as I said at the start. after mucking around trying to trace ignition faults and injection faults I found it is actually a earthing fault once too much salt water enters the hull which causes missing low power and cutting out. once the hull is sucked out and hosed with fresh water the ski runs fine again untill the water level in the hull rises again.

hope it helps.

sounds like you have an exauste leak.after you ride it for few minutes the fums starve the engine of air ,shutting it down.also could be engine is getting hot.take rear cover off and check all hoses and clamps for tight,and any holes or cracked plastic parts on exhauste system.the one that comes loose on mine is in lower left hand corner 4" long hose that connects to cross over .hard to see and get to ,have to tighten all my hoses at least once a season.might as well grease impeller shaft while you have cover off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back