3d di cutting out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkie

hey there. just thought i might see if someone has had this problem before as the i think the dealer here is starting to pull my ski down further and further for no reason.
first of all i bought my ski brand new about 6 months ago. has been working great ever since. then one day about 5 weeks ago it just cut out on me.
i worked out that there was some type of air pressure line that ran accross the top of the motor that had rubed through. i thought that must be the only thing wrong and seeing that it was under warrenty i would take it back and make then do it. since then they have replaced that line and it still cuts out on them. so they looked further and they said the reed valves had been bent. so they replaced them and it still cut out. now when i went in there yesterday they had the motor out and in pieces on the floor.and they said that the compressor had shit itself.
they know that i got water through the motor about a month before this all started to happen due to the back deck hadent sealed properly. i cleared the motor out and drained the hull and took it for a real long run after that. and many other runs before it started to stuff up and ran floorlessly.
could this have done some damage without me knowing it or would they be trying to look for excuses for what has happened.
also with that air line damaged and running it could that have caused damage to the compressor or anything else that would make it not run.

thanks again
hawkie

If it is under warranty let the dealer have fun at there expense. I wouldn't worry as long as the dealer is a reputable one and gets it back running perfect at no cost to you. It is possible that it has deeper issues that the dealer is looking to replace, under warranty.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back