240 EFI Challenger low RPM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnhibbs

The problem with my boat is that it won't normally rev over 3K. It happened two weeks ago just as I was pulling a wakeboarder up. It will go over 3K rpm a few times but not usually. It starts fine. I have replaced everything except what's broken which I haven't discovered yet. I replaced the spark plugs, in-line fuel filter, rebuilt pulse fuel pump, replaced head gaskets (o-rings), replaced anti-siphon valve, cleaned high pressure fuel pump filter, the fuel pressure is a constant 36 PSI regardless of the RPMs, did a resistance ohm check on the stator and trigger, replaced fuel to the bottom of tank, checked air intake, replaced water separator filter, battery voltage is good, cleaned fuel screen on fuel pressure regulator, compression test was 140 PSI on all 6 cylnders, replaced vacuum tube to fuel pressure regulator, all 6 cylinders are firing, checked engine block temperature sensor, checked TPS throttle position sensor and checked the air temperature sensor.

I still need to check the fuel injectors and I need to do an experiment with the MAP sensor. I think the only thing left is the ECU.

Have I missed anything? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back