215hp 4tec rpm surge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

230wake

I've got a 2008 430hp challenger wake edition. Had some trouble getting it fired up last summer after winter storage, but once started it idled fine. Put it in the lake and whe. Slowing accelerating the starboard engine rpms surge across the entire band, anything above surge is more significant higher revs. The port engine runs like a champ so I don't think it's bad fuel, although it was the year old stuff I had put stabilizer in the prior year. Needless to say I parked it last summer and lost the entireseason. My plan is to fix it this summer, but wanted to see if there were any ideas before taking it to the dealer at $100/he shop rate. Thanks!

Just a shot in the dark - I have same set up on 2008 Islandia and had to have super chargers rebuilt last year! -

That's what I am afraid of. I just found out this winter the perfect pass speed control likely has an hour meter built in...need to hold menu, select, up down left right etc and it will report hours. I don't think the boat has 100hrs on it. I live on one side of the country and the boat is on the other at the cottage....so it barely gets used. The surge is quite rhythmic though, like you might expect from an electrical or computer issues. If the supercharger clutch was slipping would it be more erratic? Not sure how your boat was acting ?

I have the same problem with the same exact boat as you. I'm changing the rectifier on the port engine because my mechanic said it was producing to much voltage on that engine. Doesn't make sense to me but I'll find out shortly. Did you ever figure yours out?

I have the same problem with the same exact boat as you. I'm changing the rectifier on the port engine because my mechanic said it was producing to much voltage on that engine. Doesn't make sense to me but I'll find out shortly. Did you ever figure yours out?

There were no codes when the dealer hooked up the laptop but on a hunch they calibrated/reset the tps and it fixed the problem. A couple hours labor for the calibration and a water test is all it cost me. Best money ever spent and what a relief to know it wasn't something bigger with the fuel system, supercharger etc. It was weird though as it worked fine when I put it away in the fall and acted next spring. Interested to hear what comes of yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back