215 SCIC repairs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bazagee

Hi,
Anyone had experience with rebuilding the oil pumps on these motors? Are there 2 of them? Sounds odd to have two. Just downloaded the manual but haven't had time to comb through it yet.

I'm looking at buying a 2006 Sportster that needs reportedly 'both' oil pumps cleaning or rebuilding. Cermanic seals (i assume these are super-charger seals being talked about) and 'Engine gear polley' - which I assume is an auto corrected message from a phone that is meant to say 'Ring Gear'? ;-)

I'm a small engine mechanic but haven't worked on engines for 25+ years.. lol..

Just wondered if this is something I should take on. Time and repair price for parts etc. I think I can get the boat at a goodly price in its present condition. I the above list was created by a repair shop for the seller.

Thanks for any insights on this engine.

OK. I brought the boat and now some work ahead of me. The Supercharger is toast so but have a lead on something out of Toronto. There is quite a bit of Aluminum oily residue in the intake. So I assume my best bet is to take the head off and take a look to see if there is any damage or scoring in the cylinders.

Can someone point me to a parts manual or how I might cross reference part numbers. I assume the 1503 was used in several skis and is just plonked into the Sportster. Just starting to prep for engine take out.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to look out for. Common issues with these motors, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance

I'd be more worried about the cam / crank bushings and bearings. I know it's a lot more work but, if you're pulling the motor, you might as well go through the whole thing. I had the same boat- the sc blew and wiped out the motor. by the time I priced out the parts & labor (my time) to complete the job, I was almost at the price of a new long-block. I cut my losses and sold the boat. I owned a small engine business for many years- these engines are nothing like a small engine.

Be sure to check the oil pump. Metal ingestion has been known to take out an oil pump among other things.

Thanks Beergut and JPass. I brought boat at a price that would include a long block if required.
I'll be doing a bit of learning know doubt along the way. First thing seem to be accurately identifying the motor. Seems there is two versions/additions of this 2006 year model according to the Seadoo parts web site.

My serial number seems to corrospond to a Wake Tower version. But its not installed with a tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back