2021 gti 130 - rocks stuck in impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jasldg

Hello,

I have just purchased a new 2021 Seadoo GTI 130. In my 2nd ride out I hit ground (in a place not near shore that was not marked properly) and sucked up a bunch of rocks. I made the big mistake of trying a couple of times to drive myself out of it and then came to my senses and shut it off. I hopped off and pushed it out to deeper water and started it back up and it sounded terrible. Like rocks in a grinder. I let it idle while I waited for the dock near by to clear and then drove it in at like 5 mph. I had my kids and was not close enough to shore to walk it in.

When I pulled it out and got underneath I could see 4 decent sized rocks jammed in the impeller. One popped out easily but the other 3 are stuck tight.

I have now scheduled a day next week to bring it back to the dealer for inspection and repairs. I am devastated as I usually take great care of my stuff and I waited years to get this thing and 3hrs in I do this. Somewhat of a mistake as I know not to keep the engine running when you hit ground. But at the same time, the shallow area was not marked appropriately. Anyway, I'm thinking that this is most likely a replacement of the wear ring (it definitely has ridges in it now), and also possibly the impeller. Everything else seems fine. I cant say if power was affected as I was not going to try going faster than I needed to.

I hope can make me feel better a little better about this. :( I am beating myself up about it.

Any chance, based on what I have described that I could have done additional damage? What are the average costs for these type of repairs and also, is it worth getting a stainless steel wear ring installed?

Back