2020 sea doo running rough

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokemaker

Hi
I have a 2020 GTX 170
At first it would not start and it sounded like battery was dead. I tried a booster or two and it would crank half a turn and not start and stop. Eventually I took another battery and with a help of a booster it would crank but not start. Eventually it started and it starts fine now. But it's running a bit rough.
It may just need new spark plugs?
When I do a WOT and let go it stalls or it stutters. How can I check if I have a code? Any input from experienced members is appreciated

If there are faults in memory, use your mode button to scroll through the different menus. Look for the "FAULT" menu. According to the manual, the "FAULT" menu will only appear if a fault is stored in memory. If I remember correctly, then you use the up and down arrows to scroll through the faults (if there are more than one).

A word of caution though, I purchased a used 2017 GTR 230 back in Feb 22, and it was running as you described. When I scrolled through the menus, the fault menu didn't appear, but when I brought the ski to my garage and connected the Can Doo Pro, there is an erratic crankshaft position sensor fault. I verified the sensor was bad and changed it. Ski ran perfectly after that.

Spark plugs fail without notice. That's always the first thing you should try when it's running poorly.

Hi
I have a 2020 GTX 170
At first it would not start and it sounded like battery was dead. I tried a booster or two and it would crank half a turn and not start and stop. Eventually I took another battery and with a help of a booster it would crank but not start. Eventually it started and it starts fine now. But it's running a bit rough.
It may just need new spark plugs?
When I do a WOT and let go it stalls or it
stutters. How can I check if I have a code? Any input from experienced members is appreciated
Is it a2 stroke? And how's your compression? Mine is like this compression is 111 in both cylinders. I don't know if this is the problem?

If there are faults in memory, use your mode button to scroll through the different menus. Look for the "FAULT" menu. According to the manual, the "FAULT" menu will only appear if a fault is stored in memory. If I remember correctly, then you use the up and down arrows to scroll through the faults (if there are more than one).

A word of caution though, I purchased a used 2017 GTR 230 back in Feb 22, and it was running as you described. When I scrolled through the menus, the fault menu didn't appear, but when I brought the ski to my garage and connected the Can Doo Pro, there is an erratic crankshaft position sensor fault. I verified the sensor was bad and changed it. Ski ran perfectly after that.
What about compression? Would that make it run rough? 111 is what I'm getting.

Mine is a 2020 fish pro and 53 hrs in the cylinder walls were chipping and ate my rings. It’s a known issue and luckily I had warranty left.
I had made it to my fishing spot and when I was ready to go home “forget about it”!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back