2019 GTX VTS Ineffective

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

justin.youngnz

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the forum so I hope I'm not covering old ground here (I couldn't find any related threads anywhere).

I've recently purchased a 2019 GTX 155, but have noticed that adjustments to the VTS result in little to no effect on the attitude of the jet ski while I'm cruising around. I actually thought that perhaps the system wasn't working at all so I had a look while I was running it out on the trailer today. It seems as though the jet nozzle is moving, but only about an inch in each direction through the full range of VTS settings (which doesn't seem to translate to any noticeable performance changes when the ski is in the water).

Has anybody else noticed this? Is it normal, because I would have expected this system to be a little more functional than it appears to be.

Thanks in advance!

I have a 2016 GTX 300 and the effect is very subtle. I was originally expecting the trim to be similar to my 23 foot speedboat but it's nowhere close. I too was wondering if was even working at all at first but the dealer confirmed it was, at least while on the trailer at the shop.

It is perfectly effective at setting the neutral drift however.

Tubshooter thanks for your reply. Good to know that there isn't necessarily anything wrong with my jetski. Having said that its a shame to see that the trim system isn't more effective. Cheers.

Extended VTS on the sparks makes drastic changes. The regular VTS does not make too much of a difference on the spark so I would suspect even less o on a larger heavier machine. I wonder if the extended VTS module can work on other machines... hmmmm…..

I have a GTI 2018 with VTS and the difference is really not big but there is one. Example 1: when facing the wind in medium chop, I noticed that the ski was more cutting the waves when I bring the front down (VTS down). That's what VTS is for. Example 2: I noticed a small improvement with VTS down when you are close to the maximum weight your ski can handle (like with one or two passengers). I mostly use the VTS down, rarely up but you may put it up if you want to use it more... let's say... aggressively...

I have a GTI 2018 with VTS and the difference is really not big but there is one. Example 1: when facing the wind in medium chop, I noticed that the ski was more cutting the waves when I bring the front down (VTS down). That's what VTS is for. Example 2: I noticed a small improvement with VTS down when you are close to the maximum weight your ski can handle (like with one or two passengers). I mostly use the VTS down, rarely up but you may put it up if you want to use it more... let's say... aggressively...
Thanks for the info. I'll try mine under similar conditions and see what happens. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back