2019 GTX-230 Glove Box Lid Replacement?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdthacker

Hi All,

I did a bonehead move and messed up the Glove Box Lid on my 2019 Sea-Doo GTX-230. Does anyone know how to properly remove the old Glove Box Lid on this model?

Thanks in advance!!

That would be a question for the dealer. They know how to replace this stuff. They replaced my whole front cover last year.

Regretfully, no, I tried removing the old one, but could not figure it out. But since my original post, my Sea-Doo GTX-230 is part of the intake grate recall. I have an appointment at 9am tomorrow for that and also the lid replacement. I'm going to do my best to have them show me how to remove the glove box lid. I'm planning on having my daughter paint a mural on the surface damaged current one and then put it back on... I will post later on what I find out.

Normally have two flat sports on the hinge points
So you lift till the are vertical or lined up with the hinge slot and pull it gently out of slot
But gentle as they are known to break if not lined up 100% maybe a little WD40 would help

Well gazzaskirepair was completely correct on how to replace it. I did not use any WD40 when removing the unit, but did add some silicon spray when installing the new one. After unhinged, when removing the old unit, the top main cover did come unsnapped in a couple of spots. This extra room did help in getting the old unit out and new one in the right location. I actually connected those points before doing the final push on the new unit to snap in it's hinge. When you're doing the removal and installation make sure the glove box lid is in the completely open position. I will add that to get the new unit back in I had to push harder than I was really comfortable with, but it worked. Last thing to note was I found it odd that I had to use a 7/32 socket to move the glove box latch to the new cover. I was expecting metric...

Lastly, I will note that this experience puts a negative note on my local dealership. I was told when the recall was performed that it was too labor intensive and I would have to setup another appointment for that. Even though I had told them of the need when I made the appointment for the recall. Honestly, someone who knows what they are doing could do this replacement in 10-15 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back