2018 ski power off after 60 seconds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

quin

Hi, i purchased a 2018 GTX 300 Ltd in February this year. First Jet Ski and its a hell of a ski.

The owners manual says that if the you turn on the ignition with the key on (eg to play the radio) power will be available for 60 minutes unless the voltage drops too low.

Since new, the ski has only stayed on for approx. 20 seconds, then the battery light shows and 30 seconds later the entire system shuts down. This also happens after a full day of riding when you would expect the battery to be fully charged. Its a pain when you want to pull up to a sand bank for an hour and chill with the radio on only.

Generally the ski starts straight away and while the engine is running the radio works fine.

The dealer said all the ski's operate like this, but i find that hard to believe if the manual says otherwise.

has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thx. By the way i hooked up a trickle charger yesterday and whilst the charger is powered on, the stereo stays powered on. I tested for about 5 mins and it didn't turn off so i assume it is a battery issue rather than programmed into the CPU.

Just curious if this is the case with all batteries or if i have a dud

Someone on this forum reported lately that the battery was dead when they purchased their new Sea-Doo. Putting a new battery is easy and usually, batteries are not under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back