2018 seadoo rxtx 300 problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasegill45

Have a 2018 seadoo that has 52 hours on it. First motor blew up at 33 hours. Motor replaces got it in the water and blew intercooler tube off. Dealer fixed. Got back on the water and blew water pump hose off. Took it to dealer amd dealer fixed. Put it in the water today with no cracks or holes in the hull. Rode 2 minutes to the middle of the lake and it was sinking. Got it back to the ramp where the ski was then sitting on concrete so it wouldnt sink. There is now a crack in the right side hull but i am very sure that happened whan it was sitting on the concrete at the ramp. My question is. If the crack wasnt there before what could have caused the ski to sink?? I had it out the night before and it was fine but seemed to make a weird noise in gear

Hey I got a 2018 PX at the end of July. I have held off on social media as I wanted to give BRP a chance to make things right. This thing has been nothing but an absolute nightmare and almost killed me on more than on one occasion by failing in less than favourable conditions numerous times. BRP has assured me that I am not riding beyond the machines limits and time and time again issues with everything from the hull to the mechanics just shutting off for no reason.

My situation has been escalated to the top rep at BRP. They refuse to admit the machine is a lemon and push that their mandate is to repair the watercraft and not accept responsibility. I have documentation that it sank from a manufacturing defect and that their has been water in the engine. They still refuse to do nothing more than repair the machine and replace everything from the ECU, exhaust system and even the seat yet will only potentially rebuild the engine as they feel that a litre of water in the oil is an acceptable amount. This is a sank unsafe vessel. When BRP suggested in trade it in I felt morally obligated to attach the still growing repair list to the trade inquirey as I feared future legal backlash. I have letters from numerous dealers stating that my machine is a liability and only has a parts value and that they have no interest in the trade. I forwarded the replies to BRP and all they said was it's their mandate to repair the unit as they continue to push an unsafe machine just to save a buck potentially putting lives at risk. Thanks BRP. There goes 20k.

Last edited:
Most people may disagree with me but I agree with BRP. Sinking a pwc does not make it unsafe or a lemon and in no way does it need to be replaced. It happens. Just fix it, it's just parts and time. A competent dealer should have no problem with this. I can't count the number of sank skis I've fixed where the motors were completely full of water. Some needed more work than others or even the entire engine gone through but everyone was fixed and reliable when I was done.

Ski-d00 I absolutely agree. My dealer is great. That being said they have done some outstanding work for me over the years with absolutely no flaws. Please understand my unit had countless issues from day 1 that just came down to a shitty build. I had purchased many new BRP units from doos to sledsand never had a single issue. They shouldn't need a complete bolt check after they leave the line and have "QC" stickers everywhere. My problem is that when it sank it was only 2 months old.

The problem with a lemon (or a problem ski) is that even if they fix it properly, it has lost all or most of its reselling value. Who would want to buy that ski used? The seller would be obligated to report the problem to the potential buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back