2018 GTR Maintenance Questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisB731

Ok guys, I need some of your expertise.

I had a 1996 GTS that I owned and rode for 18 years. I never babied it. (In fact, I pretty much rode it full throttle and sideways more that I did in a straight line, and I never missed the opportunity to jump some wake.) I was however, pretty particular about maintaining it. The only two times it was ever in the shop was 1. when the gas tank was recalled, and 2. to replace the drive shaft (and wear ring). It didn't have an hour meter, but I am confident it had to have close to 2000 hours on the motor when it finally bit the dust.

I have now purchased a new GTR 230 (will take delivery this week (hopefully). I was searching to see what kind of things I should be doing for maintenance on the new ones, but I'm not finding a lot of detail (outside of flush it after salt, change the oil once a year, etc.). Specifically, one thing I used to do before every weekend on the old one was grease the drive line. I'm not seeing that recommended anywhere. Is this something that the new ones don't need?
What else should I be doing to prolong the life of the machine (I want another 18 year run!)?

Thanks,

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back