2016 GTR 215 S/C and oil filter cap.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk388

Coming up on a new year of riding. Due to some injuries, I only put a total of 35 hours on my 2016 GTR 215 since I bought it in early 2016. Only about 5 hours in all of 2017.

I've done all the prevention work needed for a saltwater/brackish water only PWC. Everything checks out and looks great except the stupid oil filter cap. That thing has corrosion on it even though I've done everything I could, besides pulling and repainting it, to keep it nice. Now, this OE one looks a bit nasty for my preference.

My ski is in pristine condition and is always garage kept. I am anal about maintenance. I PLAN on replacing the oil, despite being under 50 hours, because I couldn't do it at the end of last years riding season. So the one year mark has been passed since I last did it.

Even though the ski is two years old now, I do not see the need in rebuilding the S/C. Am I wrong in that assumption? Also, when I do the oil change, I want to replace the oil filter cap with a new one that I will have powder coated. Anyone have the Part # for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back