2015 Spark sluggish will not reach top stop or rpm?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SundayDriver

First several rides of the year, no issues, ran great.
Last week it didn't want to accelerate past 37mph for a few minutes, but then it recovered and ran great at 49/50 mph, so I brushed it off. I was hoping it was stale fuel, so I ran it down some and filled with fresh fuel. Today it would not accelerate past 37mph or 6300rpm, and seems to be idling a little rough.

I've been searching for similar issues and troubleshooting steps, but haven't found much yet. Suggestions?

Last week it didn't want to accelerate past 37mph for a few minutes, but then it recovered and ran great at 49/50 mph, so I brushed it off. I was hoping it was stale fuel, so I ran it down some and filled with fresh fuel. Today it would not accelerate past 37mph or 6300rpm, and seems to be idling a little rough.

I've been searching for similar issues and troubleshooting steps, but haven't found much yet. Suggestions?
Same issue on a brand new base model. Only it's stuck at 27-29 mph until it warms up. Seems like it should not need to warm up. I'm calling the dealership tomorrow... Will let you know what we hear.

I finally got mine to the dealer. They said nothing was wrong, they replaced the spark plugs and it starts and revs (with no load of course). I'll take it back out and film it and see if it does it again, i was not paying for a test drive if they don't find the problem.

Same with my GTI SE 90.. only gets up to 42mph on a good day!!

I assume brand new this year (first year of GTI 90 i think?)

That may be a case of 90 HP and a bigger boat. My 130 only hits 50 on the dream meter... so i think 42 might not be too bad.... that will keep up with a base model spark with the same engine at 60 HP.

You are probably right but for the price tag of $9,600 I expected more!!
Yeah... Seadoo screwed people with pricing this year. The GTS last year was 130 HP and $400 more than the 90 of this year. They're introducing downgrades and giving you almost nothing for it.

Not to revive an old thread but I'm having the same issues. 2015 Spark 3up wont go past 37mph. I plam on changing the wear ring tomorrow. This ski has 30 hours on it.

Sometimes when I am anxious to get the machine in the water, I forget to close the water valve in the bottom of the spark. This is the worse mistake! The machine works for some time and then it stops accelerating. If the water valve is closed tight, I never have a problem.

Ever find the issue?

Ever find the issue?
Yes, grabbed new spark plugs from local auto parts store, took top off with help from a neighbor, changed plugs, hooked garden hose up and verified ran like a champ before screwing the top back on. 2 hours including driving to the store.

Back