2015 Seadoo Spark 90hp (IBr) Check Engine+Beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jbergen14

Good morning everyone,

I am currently having an issue with my 2015 Seadoo Spark 2-UP 90hp (IBr). The Spark currently has 9h49m on it and the other day when i took it out, after about 45 minutes of riding, the Spark held a long beep and the check engine warning appeared on the display. I quickly shut it off and when I attempted to turn it back on it acted like it didn't want to start. I eventually got it started and immediately took it out of the water and have not used it since. I tried flushing the system, got a fresh oil change, replaced the battery but nothing seems to be doing the trick. When I tried to start the Spark this morning, it did not start on first attempt and when it did turn on it gives me that long beep and check engine warning on the display immediately. The Spark had no performance issues that I noticed when I was getting it back over to the trailer when it initially happened.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I give the local Seadoo mechanic my arm and leg? (Not under warranty)

No sir, I got the oil changed and replaced the battery after it occurred. I am just seeing if this might be a common issue I can get fixed without paying for a diagnostic report at Seadoo.

They make the new skis all computerized so you have to take them to the dealer. I would just take it to the dealer they will just plug it in the computer and run the codes and tell you what's wrong

Figured this out yet? Have you pulled main harness connector check for moisture and reconnect with dielectric grease? Reading about a lot of machines that do weird stuff getting moisture in the connectors.

Yes I ended up taking it to my local Seadoo dealer and they diagnosed it with a Faulty Camshaft Positioning Sensor! Cost two hours of labor and a $42 Sensor. I took it out to the lake for the week and it ran perfectly! Thanks for the help fellas

I just had a similar issue... can't remember what sensor they said it was but they were going to steal one from a new spark they had but the part number was updated, so maybe they have had a rash of faulty sensors... and are replacing some of them with new ones.

I will try to post what they were when i get it back hopefully on wednesday.

Back