2015 Seadoo RXT260 Major engine problem- Oil in hull, water in oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbeck77

Today I was riding around, all of the sudden oil pressure light goes on, check engine light goes on, ski went into limp mode and would only move ~5mph.

Pulled the ski out and looked inside, milky liquid (oil and water mixed) spewed all over inside, looks like it was just spraying all around. Oil level very low, and looked down into the oil and its milky and light brown, water has gotten into the oil.

Ski only has 25 hours on it, I can't imagine the head gasket has blown already, where would you guys suggest I look first? Anybody ever hear of this happening on such a young machine?

Update: looks like there is fragments of something floating in the oil pan. See picture taken from the oil port. Looks like a gasket maybe? Looks bad...

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
I’m receiving same alerts but not having same issues. Check engine light/low oil pressure warning coming on when I hit a wake pretty hard.. and only then. Ski runs great but still receiving these alerts.

I would do a leak down check of the oil cooler. Several members here have problems similar to this and it was the oil cooler leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back