2015 Sea Doo - Long Beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wall23b

Hi,

Sometimes when I start my PWC i get a loud long beep, and sometimes I just get a normal start.
My Mait Light was cleared a while back.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thx
MArk

Long beep generally indicates key not recognized. Do you have the old or new style key? Old style key is made of rubber with metallic connector inside the rubber. New style key looks more like a socket that connects on a rounded ball on the ski.

Long beep generally indicates key not recognized. Do you have the old or new style key? Old style key is made of rubber with metallic connector inside the rubber. New style key looks more like a socket that connects on a rounded ball on the ski.

I have the new style key. And it's sporatic, sometimes I get the long beep other times I don't. But when I get the long beep I can still start and use away

Could be a problem with the DESS post but with these new style connectors I have yet to hear one that is defective. Manual generally says: bad DESS connection, wrong key, defective key, dried salt water on cord, defective engine cut-off switch and defective wiring.

Hard to say...

Long beep after start up usually means a communication error. Can be triggered by the battery getting weak due to low voltage right after start up. The newer skis need good voltage for the electronics system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back