2014 spark problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jaxtoce1

Looking at picking up a 2014 60hp, 2-up spark..

Figured I’d come here and ask some questions anyway.

Ski has 48hrs on it, looks good cosmetically and all. I was just wondering if there was any common issues with this year model as far as engine or drivetrain issues go?

On another topic, tuning... I know the vtech tune can be purchased for it which I’m also looking for pricing on/where to buy if anyone could refer me... and also what other types of mod potential do these skis have if any?

Thanks in advance
JT

For tuners and amazing customer support there is none better than PWC Muscle here. @hfgreg

I know some of the sparks have had issues with stripping the driveshaft and rear PTO but other than that I am not sure and the early ones you have to replace the entire crankshaft I think.

I would stay away from pre 2016, in mid year I believe 2016 they changed the design over so that if you did strip the splines you could change the PTO, prior models if it stripped you have to pull the engine and replacement crankshaft. So essentially if that happens you now own a boat anchor.

Back